Most people believe they can slow down aging of skin just by using skincare products which promise to do so. However, you need to understand that how your skin looks is a reflection of your overall health, your circulation and many more such factors. Here is a quick list of ingredients that can help fight aging in more ways than one.
We can’t talk enough about the goodness of eating spinach on a regular basis. Here’s how it help you fight aging.
- Is a great source of antioxidants
- Contains folate which helps improve short-term memory
- Has a good amount of ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) that helps destroy damage-causing free radicals from your body
- Contains Vitamin C and beta-carotene that help fight cancer
- Keeps your eyesight strong
This vegetable is given less credit than it deserves. It’s time to know its many benefits.
- Contains carotenoids that help protect your skin against sun damage
- Protects your teeth and gums
- Has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Works towards good heart health
- Protects your body against harmful effects of toxins
Having all forms of greens is good for you, and broccoli is no exception.
- Is one of the best sources of isothiocyanates, which help fight cancer
- Is a natural way of fighting cancer, especially lung, breast and prostate cancer
It does smell offending to many, but when it comes to keeping you younger, garlic has a big role to play.
- Has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties
- Improves blood flow to your heart
- Fights cancer, especially of the colon, breast, prostate and ovaries
- Helps prevent high blood pressure
- Has heart-protective properties
- Keeps your cholesterol in check
- Helps fight obesity
5. Whole Grains
Whole grains like oats, brown rice and quinoa, are a great way to keep you looking and feeling younger.
- Are super rich sources of fiber
- Are great at flushing out the toxins from your body
- Help reduce your risk of heart disease
- Aid digestion
- Help fight obesity
These wonder nuts are also a good way to fight off the early signs of aging.
- Are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which has age-fighting properties
- Help your brain function well
- Contain iron, zinc, magnesium, copper, fiber and potassium that help you stay fit and healthy
- Help fight obesity
- Aid in preventing heart disease
If you are a berry person, you will automatically keep those signs of aging away.
- They contain a higher amount of anti-oxidants than most fruits
- They protect your skin against free radicals that cause wrinkles
- Their anti-inflammatory properties slow down aging
- Are good for the eyesight
- These also keep your cholesterol in check
- Fight against arthritis
- Are a natural way to fight against Alzheimer’s
Salmon is known for its huge omega-3 content, but there’s more to this wonder food.
- Contains a huge amount of omega-3 fatty acids that help keep signs of aging at bay
- Good for the heart
- Controls signs of aging like pigmentation, crow’s feet, wrinkles and fine lines
- Has a good amount of Vitamin D and Vitamin E
Yet another green that is good for you.
- Contains Vitamin K that helps protect your heart
- Reduces chances of osteoporosis
- Keeps your blood pressure in check
- Good for your cholesterol levels
- Rich source of fiber and helps flush out harmful toxins
You’ve probably only used it as a salad, but these greens are great to fight aging.
- A natural source of nourishing your skin
- Fights against the appearance of wrinkles
- Boosts collagen production and increases skin elasticity
These 10 super foods are super easy to find and can be easily made a part of your diet plan. Do try them out and see the difference!