Some of the best ingredients you can use to care for your skin can be found in…. the kitchen? Yup—from coconut oil to sugar, you may want to consider the pantry instead of your medicine cabinet the next time your skin needs a boost. One such kitchen star is baking soda. This kitchen staple, when used the right way, can give you flawless, younger-looking skin. Below are six simple DIYs with baking soda to pamper your skin.
- Baking Soda As A Face Wash
Baking soda can be a wonderful alternative to a regular face wash. Using it as a face wash not only clears the pores, but also gives your skin a natural glow.
- Take 2tsp of baking soda. Mix with warm water until it becomes a fine paste.
- Apply it in a circular motion on your wet face.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Baking Soda As An Exfoliator
Baking soda is alkaline and can gently remove the sebum (the substance that produces excess oil) and impurities from the surface of the skin, making it a great natural exfoliator.
- Add 1tsp of baking soda along with 2tsp of oatmeal flour.
- Add water to make a fine paste.
- Scrub your face gently with it to exfoliate dead skin cells.
- Baking Soda For Healthy Feet
If you thought baking soda was only for the face, think again—it can be used as an efficient foot soak, too. Try soaking tired feet in baking soda and warm water for soft and beautiful toes.
- Mix 1/2 cup of baking soda to every gallon of warm water.
- Soak your feet for 30 minutes and follow up with some moisturizing cream.
- Baking Soda With Bath Salts
Mixing baking with your existing bath salts, will result in an amazing detox bath that helps eliminate toxins from your body.
- Add 2 cups of baking soda along with 2 cups of Epsom salts to your bath.
- Soak in the tub for about 30 minutes.
- Baking Soda For Sunburn
Bad burn? Baking soda can help there too. Not only does it soothe the skin and reduce the pain, but it also lessens redness and reduces itchiness.
- Make a cold compress by soaking a towel in cool water, add ½ cup of baking soda to it and apply it to affected area.
- Baking Soda For Healthy Nails
Baking soda can actually help cleanse nails by penetrating into the cuticles. This is especially helpful if you have any type of fungal infection (hey, it happens).
- Mix two parts of baking soda to one part water and make a fine paste.
- Apply the paste around the nails.
- Wash after 10 minutes.