- tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- 3 drops of essential oil of your choice (food grade)
- Make sure all ingredients are room temperature —the coconut oil should be rich and thick.
- Measure the coconut oil into a bowl and stir well. The heat from the mixing will give the oil a smooth texture.
- Add the jojoba oil and continue to stir until the mixture is even and well-combined.
- Add the essential oil. (Be careful, especially with kids; test essential oils on a small patch of skin before using on a larger area to make sure there are no allergic reactions.) Stir all the ingredients together until they form a thick, oily mixture.
- Apply to the hair from roots to ends, paying particular attention to any dry areas.
- Cover hair with a plastic bag or shower cap and use a hair dryer to warm the hair. Leave on for 15-30 minutes.
- Wash and condition hair as usual. Use it once a week for the fullest benefits.