Long days can be hard on our feet – in warmer weather we do more walking, more playing. To soothe the thousands of nerve endings in your feet, treat yourself to a daily foot massage. Massaging the feet and toes keeps your foot flexible, prevents cramping and in fact is proven to relax the entire body. And taking care of your feet at the end the day will ensure that you can jump to any activity tomorrow brings.
1. Grip your foot in your hands, placing your fingers on the sole of the foot and your thumbs on the arch.
2. Press down with your thumbs and the heels of the hands, while working your fingers in and out on the sole.
3. Work your way down to the toes and pull gently on each toe with your forefinger and thumb.
4. Massage back toward the heel of the foot, ending at the ankle.
5. Conclude by rolling your ankle clockwise and counterclockwise to loosen tight muscles.
6. Repeat on the other foot.