You can blame it on the bleeding eye makeup, or even on the restless sleep you’ve been having the last few days; either way, concealers can only do so much to cover up those dark circles that clearly need more attention to fix the problem.
Luckily for you, there are plenty of natural remedies that lie within your kitchen and can be whipped up within minutes to brighten the area. Here’s one right now:
Turmeric & Pineapple Paste
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- Fresh pineapple juice (as needed)
In a bowl, add a few drops of pineapple juice to the turmeric powder and mix well. Make sure the paste is thick and smooth. You may need to add more juice, depending on the consistency (should not be too runny). Once ready, apply the paste to the under eye area and leave it to set for 10-15 minutes. Simply wipe it off with a damp cotton cloth (gently) after the stipulated time. This won’t just help lighten the dark circles, it will also leave your skin feeling smooth and supple.
Benefits Of Turmeric For Skincare
- The active ingredient found in turmeric is curcumin. As an antioxidant, curcumin eliminates free radicals which age the skin.
- It triggers the growth of new skin cells, replacing old, scaly skin.
- It is an antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-tan, and exfoliating agent that can also do wonders to regulate the oil balance in your skin.
- Besides treating under eye circles, turmeric can also reduce the inflammation (redness) from psoriasis.
Supplement this beauty fix with a good night’s rest, drink plenty of water, and exercise extra TLC when dealing with the eye area, given that it has particularly sensitive skin.
Make Or Break: Apply Moisturizer Within 10 Minutes Of Stepping Out Of The Shower
The Week That Was: Tricks For Bad Hair Days, Beauty Trends & Products For Your Dosha
How I Discovered That Cleanser (& Not Face Wash) Is Better Suited To My Sensitive Skin