Rich in vitamins A, D, E and K, and minerals selenium, zinc, and beta-carotene, this little kitchen ingredient is a tried-and-tested fix for your tresses. Make note that vitamin A promotes hair growth, and all the other components, in combination with the minerals strengthen the hair from root to tip. These properties also darken the hue of your strands, which makes mustard oil a natural alternative to hair dyes and chemical colors.
Stimulate, nourish and moisturize the scalp with a head massage.
- Start by massaging warm mustard oil into your scalp with your thumbs and fingers, working from the sides up.
- Slowly move your hands towards the top of your head.
- After a full minute or two, place three fingers on your temples on each side of the head and make slow circular movements.
- Wrap the hair in a shower cap and you can leave it on for two hours, or overnight.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Use this simple mustard oil quick fix thrice a week to revive dull, dry and damaged tresses, reduce hair loss, and give your strands a naturally darker tint.