It’s now summer season, and you know what that means — shorts and bathing suits. Why not add a natural body oil to your list of must-bring items on your trip to the beach? This body serum is hydrating and light enough to wear in the sun, and will improve the appearance of your skin.
Homemade Honeysuckle Body Oil
Did you know you there are organic ingredients that naturally protect against the sun? While we think its important to use an FDA-approved sunscreen with a high SPF for ultimate protection, using a body oil as an extra layer of protection can also help.
So in addition to wearing your natural sunscreen, consider using one of these following organic oils:
- Avocado oil (SPF 4-15)
- Red Raspberry Seed Oil (SPF 25-50)
- Carrot Seed Oil (SPF 35-40)
- Coconut Oil (SPF 4-6)
- Shea Butter (SPF 4-6)
This particular honeysuckle body oil is a serum that provides hydration and moisture to your skin while helping protect you from sun damage. Try this simple recipe to formulate your own body serum to wear under your sunscreen.
Herbal Honeysuckle Body Oil Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Red Raspberry Seed Oil
- 1 teaspoon Honeysuckle Essential Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 teaspoon Carrot Seed oil
- 1 tablespoon Jojoba Oil
Herbal Honeysuckle Body Oil Instructions
- Place all the oils, except for the essential oils, in a double boiler or microwave until the ingredients are fully melted.
- After all the ingredients have melted, let the mixture cool, then mix the ingredients.
- Add your essential oils and allow the mixture to cool.
- Pour into a container of your choice, then apply under your sunscreen when needed.
Body Oil for the Summertime
Body serum contains ingredients that have been historically used for their sun protection capabilities. Ingredients like coconut oil can protect your skin from sun damage, while honeysuckle can fight free radical damage and inflammation.
So next time you’re heading out to the pool or beach and applying sunscreen, try applying a natural body oil underneath as well.
The content of this Website is for is for informational purposes only, is general in nature and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and does not constitute professional advice. The information on this Website should not be considered as complete and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions, or their treatment. You should consult with your physician before beginning any exercise, weight loss, or health care program and/or any of the beauty treatments.
“12 Amazing Benefits of Honeysuckle Essential Oil.” Organic Facts, Organic Facts, 8 May 2018, www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/essential-oils/honeysuckle-essential-oil.html.