As you move through the years, your skin goes through a lot of changes. Signs of aging are something you cannot hide forever. The trick is to keep your skin as healthy as possible and use the right ingredients. With the right ingredients your skin will feel much easier to take care of.
Understanding Your Skin Type
Before you confirm it we suggest you answer the questions below to determine your actual skin type to help you choose the right skin care routine and ingredients.
- Do you have oily skin with visible pores?
- Do you want to control your acne and breakouts and control the shine?
- Is your skin especially shiny around the T-zone?
- Does your skin break out most of the time?
- Does your skin feel smooth even without using moisturizers?
- Do you shampoo each morning yet your hair is oily?
If you can relate to the points mentioned above, as per the Dosha you have Kapha skin type. It means your skin will age slower compared to other skin types.
5 Anti-Ageing Skin Care Tips For Sensitive Skin – Kapha Skin
There are certain skin routines that will definitely work best for you.
- Control The Wash
Washing your face too often can rob it of essential moisturizers. Instead, wash your face once in the morning and once in the evening or night. Use blotting papers for the rest of the day.
- Love Your Toner
You need to start using the toner on a daily basis. Ensure you use a mild one after washing your face each day.
- Sun Protection
Oily skin also needs protection from the sun. Ensure you apply a good sunscreen that is suited to your skin type, even if you are not getting directly exposed to the sun.
This will work wonders for your skin. Find out an exfoliating product that is not too harsh on your skin. A good bet would be to make your own exfoliating products at home using natural ingredients.
- Cut Down On Alcohol
Too much alcohol consumption isn’t good if you have oily skin. Alcohol consumption leads to dilation of your blood vessels and also increases the blood flow near your skin surface. As a result, your skin looks sallow.
Ingredients You Should Look At:
In addition to finding the right products for your skin type, you also need to ensure you are using the right ingredients. Here is what you should look for in your products:
- Salicylic acid – controls acne
- Clay or mud – remove all traces of grease and dirt
- Witch hazel – natural astringent
- Flax seed – treats inflamed acne or skin
- Peppermint – reduces oil secretion
- Oats – absorbs impurities and removes them
- Egg whites – shrink pores
- Lemon – treat acne
- Mango – removes pimple and acne
Oily skin may not age as fast as the rest, but it does age with time. Take care to follow these simple tips on a daily basis and look for products that contain the above ingredients.