It is a proven fact that 90 percent of women who have crossed puberty have cellulite, a condition where fat deposits are present just beneath the skin, giving it the appearance of an orange peel. And if you don’t want to apply over-the-counter creams to treat it, our natural, homemade coffee scrub is just the thing for you.
But first, a little bit of background information.
What Causes Cellulite?
It is not perfectly clear what causes cellulite, but here are certain factors that contribute to it:
- Hormones that make you prone to storing fat.
- Your genes, which determine how fat is distributed throughout your body.
How You Can Treat Cellulite
There is no cure for cellulite and any product that claims to do so is basically attempting to hoodwink you. However, you can reduce the visibility of cellulite with these tips.
- Diet & Exercise: Combine 30 minutes of daily exercise or moderate physical activity with a diet that’s rich in vitamin E—think almonds, sunflower seeds, olive oil—for smoother skin.
- Weighty Issues: Since cellulite is essentially fat deposits, you must lose weight to reduce its appearance. We recommend you combine strength-training and aerobic exercises to raise the body’s metabolic rate and burn that excess fat.
- Endermologie: Also known as the cellulite massage, it is a type of deep-tissue rub down via a hand-held electric machine. However, while this is only a temporary solution, here‘s where you can try it.
- Quick-Fix: Massage therapy that plumps the skin and makes cellulite less obvious is also a temporary treatment you could consider. To find a therapist near you, click here.
- Stir It Up: Additionally, look for potions rich in Vitamin A (retinoids), lactic acids or caffeine for topical application. These will help remove dead skin cells, strengthen the skin and reduce cellulite
How Coffee Can Fight Cellulite
Coffee contains caffeine, which is commonly used in cellulite-reducing treatments. It helps in the following ways:
- Caffeine quickens the flow of blood temporarily by enlarging the blood vessels.
- It removes unwanted fluid from the skin cells.
- It decreases the amount of fat under the skin.
- Caffeine also increases the rate of metabolism in your body, thus allowing you to burn fat faster.
And, Voila! Here’s Your Very Own Homemade Coffee Scrub
You will need
- ¼ cup ground coffee
- 3tbsp white sugar
- 2-3tbsp coconut oil
- Mix ingredients till they form a smooth paste.
- Store in a glass jar.
How To Use It
- Use firm pressure to massage the coffee mixture onto your skin.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes, then take a shower.
- Repeat the procedure two to three times a week to see a change within the month.
Now that you’re geared with an at-home fix for dimple-free skin, we suggest you get started right away.