Stop stinking up the place every time you take off your shoes, and realize that with the onset of summer, some extra TLC for your feet is in order. About 20 different fungi can just lie between the toes alone, so it’s of utmost importance to pick the right shoe, and maintain the hygiene of your feet by indulging in a thorough skincare routine that cleans, exfoliates and moisturizes, much like you do for your face.
So first, let’s take a look at this YouTube video which is owning the space for its tip on how to prevent running shoe blisters with a “heel lock” or “lace lock”.
Now that Illumiseen has taught you how to prevent the friction and keep those bunions, callouses and corns are at bay, bring your little adventure full-circle by Buying The Right Trainers To Suit Your Workout Activity—hikers, runners and those indulging in field sports, please make note!
As for all those who are raising a stink, here are some remedial measures that will help see you through it:
- Steer clear of closed-toe shoes that will cause the webbing between the feet to perspire; they don’t allow for enough ventilation.
- Keep your nails short and clean as they harbor bacteria and can spiral-off into infections if they chip.
- Exfoliation is key; scrub those dead cells to induce new cell turnover, and soak those feet in warm water with fragrant bath salts (or Epsom salt), to get rid of all the toxins.
- Socks are not your best friend; neither are shoes. Change them up every day (try not to wear a pair consecutively), and get some new insoles every third month.
- Wash your feet with soap at least twice a day, pat dry, and dust some powder in order to absorb sweat.
DIY: Soak your feet in 1tbsp baking soda to every quart of water; this stops the growth of bacteria. Another way to fight smelly feet is with tea. Prepare a tea-infused solution and place your feet in it for 30 minutes. Tea contains tannic acid that makes the skin dry and reduces sweating.
With all these tips in mind, we’re hoping you won’t be dragging your feet this summer. Peace out!