4 mins read
Origins, benefits and methodology
Many medicinal systems base their ability to treat disorders using the power of positive energy. Without evidence-based proof, these alternative forms of treatment do provide results. Similar to yoga and acupuncture, Pranic Healing focuses on the “energy body,” which in turn affects the “physical body.”
What is Pranic Healing? Where did it originate?
Pranic Healing is an energy healing technique that involves the use of ‘prana’ (life force, energy) to correct imbalances in the human body by manipulation of the energy field. Pranic Healing was developed by Grandmaster Choa Kok Sui. He founded the Institute for Inner Studies, Inc. in Manila and “Pranic Healing” is a registered trademark of the institute.
In Sanskrit, “prana” means life force. This vital energy surrounding the human body is invisible, yet it keeps the body alive and healthy.
How is it beneficial?
Pranic Healing is recommended for those people who have lost their vigor and will for life.
- It provides peace of mind and calmness for people whose busy schedules leave them feeling stressed and lifeless.
- It ensures overall mental, emotional and physical well-being.
Studies or research on efficacy
As of now, there are no published scientific studies on the efficacy and safety of Pranic Healing in recognized journals. However, there appeared a mention of Pranic Healing in the magazine Skeptical Inquirer, written by Jack Ruso in 1995.
How is Pranic Healing done?
Pranic Healing does not require the practitioner to touch the patient, as the treatment is for the bioplasmic, or “energy body,” and not the “physical body.” The energy body is also known as aura. This aura is the blueprint or the mold of the body and interpenetrates the physical body. The energy body is said to absorb the life energy and distribute it to the different parts of the physical body. Disorders in the physical body are manifestations of the disruptions in the aura. Hence, Pranic Healing is effective on the energy body.
Pranic Healing does not need any sort of drugs or devices. The system works on the principle that the human body is able to heal itself. This healing process can be encouraged by increasing the life force in the body, which can be easily obtained from the natural elements like earth, air and sun.
How can you get started with Pranic Healing?
You can learn Pranic Healing through various courses designed by Grandmaster Choa Kok Sui which include:
- MCKS Pranic Healing,
- MCKS Advanced Pranic Healing,
- MCKS Crystal Healing,
- MCKS Pranic Psychotherapy,
- MCKS Pranic Psychic Self Defense,
- MCKS Achieving Oneness with the Higher Soul,
- MCKS Arhatic Yoga.
Six steps to Pranic Healing
You have to start shedding negative emotions and restrictive beliefs in order to avail the benefits of this healing method.
The six steps of the Pranic Healing energy system are:
- Pranic breathing
- Energy manipulation – manually cleansing the energy body and maintaining a smooth flow of Prana
- Scanning – using one’s hands to feel for energy imbalances in one’s aura
- Sweeping – cleansing dirty prana using specific movements of the hand
- Energizing – directing prana to areas of lower concentration
- Energetic hygiene
- Energy-generation exercises
- Modified Tibetan Yogic Exercises
- Modified Mental Physics Exercises
These six steps can be easily learned within two weeks, and when performed for 20-30 minutes every day, provide a sense of calm and relief in the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Talk to your nearest Pranic Healing expert to get started.
- Co M.S., Robins E.B. Your Hands Can Heal You: Pranic Healing Energy Remedies to Boost Vitality and Speed Recovery from Common Health Problems. Simon and Schuster; 2007. 320 p.
- Co M.S., Robins E.B. The Power of Prana: Breathe Your Way to Health and Vitality. Sounds True; 2011. 189p.