It’s in our nature to want to challenge ourselves and push our bodies and mind to their limit. While performance maximization can be achieved through determination, clean eating, and hard work, a simple natural remedy such as essential oils can also help to boost overall performance.
You might not think of essential oils when you think of exercise, however, essential oils can be extremely beneficial to an athlete and help them perform better during sports and other exercises.
Benefits of essential oils for athletes:
- Promotes focus and concentration
- Boosts energy
- Improves respiratory function and breathing
- Aids digestive function
- Boosts immunity
- Alleviates muscle pain and soreness
Best Essential Oils for Athletes
Essential oils can be extremely helpful in flushing out the system and improving flexibility. From lavender to ginger, there are multiple essential oils that come with their own advantages.
Besides the fantastic smell, peppermint essential oil is a must for individuals looking to increase their athletic performance. Peppermint is a natural remedy that works to open up the sinuses and helps you improve your breathing.
- Alleviates symptoms of nausea and indigestion
- Increases concentration and mental awareness
- Pain relief from arthritis and muscle pain
- Improves respiratory function
If you’re looking to detox and cleanse your system, lemon essential oil is here to your rescue. Easily available and fun to use, lemon essential oil comes with benefits that specifically target athletes.
- Aids digestive function
- Improves mood and instills feelings of optimism
- Detoxifies and cleanses the system
- Prevents and treats symptoms of athlete’s foot
- Stimulates the nervous system
Induce relaxation to your mind and body with lavender essential oil. Athletes need a good night’s sleep in order to improve their performance the next day.
Lavender oil is a great way to promote sleep and help individuals get the rest they need in order to maximize their performance.
- Alleviates symptoms of pain
- Promotes sleep
- Reduces stress and tension
Clove essential oil has proven to be effective in boosting overall health and maximizing performance.
- Improves immune function
- Reduces symptoms of inflammation
- Enhances flexibility
- Contains antiseptic properties that prevent infections such as athlete’s foot
Eucalyptus essential oil promotes healing and also boosts overall health and well-being besides enhancing the individual’s performance in the gym.
- Provides relief from asthma
- Combats inflammation
- Enhances flexibility
- Refreshes and rejuvenates the mind and body
- Provides a cooling effect on the body
Tips for Using Essential Oils
While essential oils can be safe to use, it is important to do a patch test first to make sure that you are not allergic or intolerant to any of the ingredients.
Other tips to consider:
- Add a few drops to carrier oils before application. Carrier oils include almond oil or olive oil.
- Don’t injest essential oils, these oils are only meant for the exterior parts of your body.
- If you feel any irritation or notice any unnatural redness, it is recommended to stop using the oil immediately.
Take advantage of the soothing and calming effects essential oils have to offer and kickstart your improved performance on the field.
1. What are some of the best oils to prevent and treat athlete’s foot?
Essential oils such as lemon and clove are a natural way to combat and treat symptoms of athlete’s foot.
2. What are the different essential oils that are beneficial for athletes?
There are multiple essential oils that provide athletes with various advantages, these essential oils include lemon, eucalyptus, and peppermint.
The content of this Website is for is for informational purposes only, is general in nature and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and does not constitute professional advice. The information on this Website should not be considered as complete and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions, or their treatment. You should consult with your physician before beginning any exercise, weight loss, or health care program and/or any of the beauty treatments.
Leal, D., & Fogoros, R. N. (n.d.). How Essential Oils Improve Lung Function and Exercise Performance. Retrieved from https://www.verywellfit.com/essential-oils-shown-to-enhance-athletic-performance-4105245
A., & Yen Hung Company. (2017, April 19). 5 Essential Oils to Improve Athletic Performance. Retrieved from https://www.runtothefinish.com/essential-oils-to-improve-athletic-performance/
Blackmon, H., E., L., Fleming, A., McGrail, K., Laflamme, S., . . . Nutri Lounge. (2018, April 17). Top 7 Essential Oils for Athletes. Retrieved from http://fitaspire.com/essential-oils-for-athletes/
Organic Aromas. (n.d.). The Best Essential Oils to Improve Athletic Performance. Retrieved from https://organicaromas.com/blogs/aromatherapy-and-essential-oils/the-best-essential-oils-to-improve-athletic-performance