Lose-The-Excess-Holiday-Weight-With-The-8020-Diet_20581310

While December was all about family dinners and decadent desserts, January is the month of resolutions and gym memberships that may, or may not make it to the end of the year.

The point is to make a start.

Given that your appetite for sugary treats, and in general may have increased, the 80:20 diet is just what you need to restore the balance.

80:20 Love

The diet works on many counts as it encourages you to eat healthy 80 percent of the time, and lets you indulge all you like, for the remaining 20 percent—all in moderation of course.

This means you don’t have to cut whole food groups; nor do you have to shock your body with calorie and food deprivation, or feel guilty about that cupcake you ordered.

For the 80 percent, the diet urges you to eat lean protein, complex carbohydrates, whole grains, fruits and vegetables.

It’s also advisable to treat yourself a little every day, instead of using your 20 percent free pass on the weekends, so that you don’t send your digestive system into a tizzy.

Less like a diet, more like a lifestyle, you may consider holding on to the 80:20 plan for the rest of your life. Even celebrities like Miranda Kerr and Jessica Alba live by it.

With a Masters in English literature, Trina Remedios has spent her recent years extensively writing about health and fitness, with a keen interest in the beauty segment as well. While her high calorific lunches are positively deceiving, her inner hippie takes to the city roads and can run circles around most marathoners. Follow her for beauty hacks, natural fixes, fitness fads, celebrity trends, and wellness tips.