The thing about diets is, they’re restrictive. They give the impression that you can really enjoy the good things in life—you know, like chocolates, cakes, cookies—but you really can’t. However, attuning yourself to a healthy lifestyle may improve your chances of success, and things might not look so bland; kinda like celery.
Now personally, I love the root vegetable. There’s something quite inviting about that sharp tanginess and that crunchy bite. But, did you know that it’s a great way to help you keep the weight down?
Yes, we know that celery gets a bad rep what with the “bitter aftertaste” or “grass-like quality” most people associate with it. But if you ask me, anything that has the potential to keep one feeling full for longer is a win in my calorie-counting app!
Why Should You Love Celery?
- 1 cup of chopped celery has a mere 16 calories.
- 1 cup of boiled celery has 27 calories, so add it to a soup and it’s really not going to increase that calorie count, yet give you something solid to bite into.
- Celery contains dietary fiber, a type of carbohydrate that is of great help for those who have impulse food cravings.
- It contains essential vitamins and nutrients that help keep you active, and it also boosts your immunity.
- It is one of the biggest negative calorie foods. This means, your body will expend more energy (calories) digesting it than the vegetable contains. That’s like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, isn’t it?
Here’s How You Can Make The Most Of Celery
If you’re craving a snack, swap tortilla chips with celery sticks. Of course, you can enjoy that salsa or guacamole. What this swap will do for you is this: Save you over 240 calories per sitting! Can you imagine what that means for your weight loss endeavors if you implement the change for say, 1 year? The adjustment can make you lose almost 11 pounds of fat, independent of any other healthy dietary changes you may make!
Do you still have doubts about this superfood? We sure as hell don’t!