Acai Bowl Recipe: A Healthy Way to Start Your Morning
2 mins read
Sometimes healthy isn’t synonymous with tasty, but in the case of this acai bowl recipe, it completely is. Not only does this acai bowl recipe feel reminiscent of a bowl of ice cream in both tastiness and texture, it’s packed with a ton of health benefits.
The reason acai bowls are so healthy is that they contain acai berries, a superfood hailing from Brazil. Acai berries are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and heart-healthy fats. They’re typically sold at your local health or natural foods store in the form of frozen packets.
An acai bowl is all about the proper consistency. Your smoothie blend should be thick enough to scoop with a spoon but not chunky in any way or form. That’s why it’s important to be cautious with the amount of liquid you’re blending your frozen acai packets with. Too much and your acai bowl will end up too runny.
This acai bowl recipe will help you create the classic base for your acai bowl, making it the perfect canvas for your favorite toppings.
Acai Bowl Recipe
Yields 1 bowl
- 1 (100 gram) packet of unsweetened, pure, acai berry (frozen)
- 1 banana (frozen)
- 1/4 cup of almond milk or non-dairy yogurt
- Granola, shredded coconut, chia seeds, blueberries, or any other toppings you enjoy
- To a blender, add the frozen acai berry packet, banana, and almond milk. Blend until completely smooth. If it seems too thick, you can thin out the consistency with a little more almond milk.
- Pour the resulting smoothie into a bowl and add your preferred toppings.
Notes: If you accidentally pour too much almond milk or the consistency is too runny, you can always add some more frozen banana or frozen berries to help thicken up the consistency.
Recipe adapted from Bakerita
You May Also Enjoy
An overview of the popular new drink, kombucha tea, including its health benefits and side more >>