If you’re looking for a healthy snack that’s easy to make and yummy enough to make you forget you’re eating something healthful, look no further than this chia pudding recipe. Flavored with salty peanut butter and sweet banana slices, this chia pudding has a classic and delicious flavor profile.
You can make chia pudding a variety of ways, with the most classic being a combination of chia seeds and some kind of milk (typically almond milk, but you can also use regular milk or other nut milks). Chia seeds have been known to provide a multitude of health benefits ranging from cancer-fighting to anti-aging. The seeds are rich in fiber and antioxidants, and they have often been referred to as a superfood by nutritionists and health professionals abound.
The best part is that making this chia pudding recipe is really simple, which makes it great for the work week. All you need to do is combine your pudding ingredients together, including the milk and chia seeds, then refrigerate this mixture overnight. The time in the fridge allows the pudding to thicken and the chia seeds to expand and soften, making their texture and consumption more enjoyable.
Chia Pudding Recipe with Bananas and Peanut Butter
- 1 small banana, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup plain 2% or nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- To an 8 oz jar (or a large cup), add the almond milk, chia seeds, yogurt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix everything together, then stir in the banana slices.
- Place a lid on your jar, or a sheet of plastic wrap if you’re using a cup, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, stir the peanut butter into the pudding and serve.
Notes: It’s best to use natural peanut butter since it tends to have a runnier consistency than regular peanut butter, which will make it easier to stir into the pudding.
Recipe adapted from Self.com