There’s nothing better than putting your two favorite foods together to create a delicious side dish for your entrée. Cauliflowers and potatoes are delicious by themselves, but they taste even better when put together.
Cauliflowers are one of the healthiest vegetables you can include in your diet. Rich in carotenoids and antioxidants, cauliflowers can prevent the development of chronic illnesses such as cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
Even though potatoes are not the healthiest food out there, they do come with fiber and other essential minerals that can provide benefits to your health. Besides, potatoes are delicious to eat and easy to cook.
If you’re feeling adventurous with your taste buds, try this recipe to give your taste buds a little spicy kick. An easy and quick recipe to try, this cauliflower and potato dish will be on your mind even after you’ve had leftovers.
Chili Cauliflower Potato Recipe
serves 2 – 3
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of potatoes, diced
- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 2 – 3 teaspoons chili powder, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- Salt, to taste
- Soak the chopped cauliflower in hot water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, drain the hot water and re-wash the cauliflower with cold water; let it rest in the bowl.
- Coat a frying pan with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Add the diced potatoes to the pan followed by the rest of the powdered ingredients and stir gently.
- Place a lid on the pan for about 6 minutes and check on the potatoes to see if they have softened up a little.
- Add the chopped cauliflower to the pan and stir all the ingredients together. The powdered spices will impart its colors onto the potato and cauliflower and you will start to see them attain a reddish hue.
- Place the lid back on the pan and let the cauliflower and potato cook on medium-low heat.
- After about 10 minutes, remove the lid and stir all the ingredients together. Regularly stir the ingredients until they are completely cooked.
- Wait 5 minutes before serving.