Quinoa, pronounced “keen-wa,” continues to be a favorite with health and fitness enthusiasts in the country. High in protein, magnesium, folate, fiber and manganese, quinoa is gluten-free and easy to cook (in under 12 minutes), with a nutty flavor and appealing texture.
This Peruvian superfood works in savory and sweet dishes of all types. Ideal for a vegetarian or vegan diet, but just as tasty as a side for meats, quinoa was known as ‘the gold of the Incas’ and was once used to feed Incan warriors. It’s no wonder the United Nations declared 2013 the ‘Year of Quinoa’.
Here’s how you could incorporate this superfood in every meal of the day.
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Curried Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa and Grilled Pineapple Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Indian Quinoa Salad
- Black Bean and Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Pilaf with Shallots and Shitakes
- Saffron Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini Cups
- Summer Quinoa
- Quick Quinoa with Cilantro Pesto
- Quinoa and Lambsquarter Stuffing
- Sweet Currant Quinoa
- Bolivian Caraway Quinoa Meatloaf
- Quinoa with Chicken & Apple Sausage
- Quinoa Stir Fry
- Stuffed Quinoa Bell Peppers
- Savory Quinoa Pilaf with Sausage
- Quinoa Cookies
- Gluten-Free Quinoa Cookies with Chai Tea Latte
Head to our Food section for healthy recipes and the latest food trends.
Quick and easy Nutrition tips here.
5 Delicious Ways To Add Quinoa To Your Diet