Perfect as a cold-weather comfort food and a staple on a Thanksgiving spread, sweet potatoes and yams deserve a chance to shine on your table this year,
which is why we've collected nine different recipes to make 'em, bake 'em, and more, thanks to our popular show Flip My Food.
Oh, and there's definitely
a few creative ways you've never thought to prepare a sweet potato before among them — ever thought to add yams to a cheesecake (#3!) or donut drops (#8), for instance?! Try them, trust us.
Click through our slideshow above for a look at our 9 favorite recipes, then read more in depth about each one from the links below.
1. Sweet Potato Braised Dumplings
RECIPE: Delicious Sweet Potato Braised Pork Dumplings
2. Sweet Potato & Turkey Hash
RECIPE: Sweet Potato & Turkey Hash, For You & Your Dog
3. A Scrumptious Sweet Potato Cheesecake
RECIPE: A Scrumptious Sweet Potato Cheesecake
4. Decadent Duck Fat Sweet Potato Fries
RECIPE: Savory Sweet Potato Fries
5. Tasty Sweet Potato Biscuits
RECIPE: Tasty Sweet Potato Biscuits
6. A Healthy, Grandma-Style Sweet Potato Casserole
RECIPE: A Healthy, Grandma-Style Sweet Potato Casserole
7. Sweet Potato & Acorn Squash Soup
RECIPE: Chef Jeff's Sweet Potato & Acorn Squash Soup
8. Sweet Potato Donut Drops with Cinnamon-Buttermilk Glaze
RECIPE: Sweet Potato Donut Drops
9. Mmm! Bacon, Egg & Sweet Potato Hash
Mmm! Bacon, Egg & Sweet Potato Hash
WATCH on Z Living: Flip My Food,
Our 9 Favorite Sweet Potato Recipes From Flip My Food:
where each week charismatic celebrity chef Jeff Henderson takes on a different city and a different food challenge to transform beloved recipes into healthy new dishes. See a sneak peek here.