This article was reposted from EcoVeganGal.com - Healthy Living For Your Body & The Planet - with permission from the author.
Every once in a while I'm hit with a wave of sneezing, nose blowing and sinus inflammation, and it is extremely frustrating, especially when the neti pot doesn't help. When I last found myself in this miserable state I whipped up a beverage with some anti-inflammatory ingredients in hopes it would soothe my sinuses; and lo and behold it did!
This sweet and spicy beverage can help reduce inflammation in many parts of the body, and can be enjoyed warm or cold.
Ingredients (use organic whenever possible):
- Turmeric - powder (1/2 Tbsp) or root (1 inch piece)
- Ginger root - 1 inch piece (or to taste)
- Cinnamon powder - 1/2 Tbsp (or to taste)
- Stevia - powder or drops, to taste*
- Water - 1 cup
* I used 4 drops of Omica vanilla stevia drops. If you don't like the taste of stevia, feel free to use a low glycemic sweetener, like coconut sugar, or none at all.
Directions: Blend together.
Note: A high speed blender is not necessary but if you do not use one you will have to grate the turmeric and ginger roots before blending.