Vata body-mind types gravitate toward liquid, cool and dry foods. But too much of a good thing can throw your whole system off-balance. Ayurveda recommends that you incorporate some rich, warm foods in your diet. In addition, try the following suggestions for a healthy Vata diet:
- Embrace olive oil! Drizzle it over bread, greens, and vegetables.
- Eat lots of foods that are sweet, sour and salty, to help offset your natural tendencies.
- Indulge in vegetables, fruits, basmati rice, spices and nuts.
Here are some wonderful Vata recipes for you to try:
- Lemon-Dill String Bean Salad
- Snap Pea Vegetable Salad With Radish & Lime
- Sweet Milk Basmati Rice With Raisin
- Almond Flan [WITH VIDEO]
- Adzuki & Mung Bean Salad Recipe [WITH VIDEO]
- Roasted Tomato Soup for a Hearty Vata Meal
Ayurvedic Diet: Vata
Can You Really Start A Meal With Dessert? Yes, Says Ayurveda