A wonderful potion from the East, Pu-erh tea (pronounced poo-air) is a traditional Chinese brewthats only now being discovered and appreciated by the rest of the world.Like Pu-erh, there aremany other exotic teas that have been in the limelight for some time now, but what really makes this one stand out is its weight loss benefits and its high quality. The production of this tea is highly regulated, and only the aged variety that comes from the Yunnan province can be termed Pu-erh tea. [Also try
Try this quick recipe to brew your first cup of Pu-erh.
Ingredients & Tools:
: Peach Pu-erh Slush]This tea also comes withmedicinal qualitiesit is said to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels, but is most commonly known forits weight loss benefits. The catechins present in itare the real reason for it. Drinking Pu-erhtea can help one shed a few pounds by metabolizing fat.This Z Living video explains the rich health benefitsof Pu-erhtea:
- Pu-erh tea (1 gram tea per 15ml water)
- Hot water (boiling water, about 195 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 2 glasses
- A teapot
- Electric kettle or any equipment for boiling
- Boil water in a kettle until it starts bubbling. It should reach the temperature of around 200 degrees F.
- Pu-erh tea usually comes in the form of compressed cakes. Separate about 1 gram of tea for every 15ml of water you use.
- Place the tea leaves in a teapot.
- Add the boiling water to the teapot to rinse the tea and clean it. This will also awaken the tea leaves.
- Pour the rinse water into a spare glass. The dust and the undesirable elements will get washed away and you can then discard this water.
- The tea is now ready to be steeped.
- Add the hot water into the pot and allow it to steep for about 5 seconds and then pour it into a glass.
- You can enjoy your hot glass of Pu-Erh tea.
- You can use the same leaves to brew multiple cups of tea until the leaves get weak.
- All you have to do is increase the steeping time by 5 seconds every single time.
The best time to consume this tea is an hour after your meal so that it can help remove the excess grease in your body, thus helping your system eliminate toxins.PS:Head to our Food section for healthy recipes and thelatest food trendsAlso, find quick and easyNutritiontips here.