- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, cornmeal, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and ginger. Form a well in the middle of the mixture.
- Mix together apple, buttermilk, oil, and egg. Stir into the well of flour mixture to make a batter.
- Spoon batter into a muffin tin coated with cooking spray. Mix together the remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Courtesy of dLife. For full nutritional facts, click here.