Meet Chef Jeff Henderson, a bestselling author
, motivational speaker and the host of an exciting new show called ‘Flip My Food’
The show takes our favorite dishes and flips them to make them healthier. He begins the very first episode by telling us about Mudbug Madness
—an entire festival dedicated to Louisiana’s love for crawfish. Apart from the delightful craw-flip recipe, watch him cook low-cal versions of meals that come straight from the kitchens of celebrity chefs and A-listers.
Watch his show 'Flip My Food'
on Zliving at 10pm everyday to see him rustle the most delectable dishes.
Here’s one of our favorite recipes by Chef Henderson. And would you just look at how easy it is?
Crescent City Shrimp Roll
WHAT TO GET
1 pound medium shrimp (unpeeled)
1 seafood boil-in-a-bag
peeled, boiled, and diced shrimp (from above)
1 rib small diced celery
⅓ cup small diced red onion
1 tablespoons minced cilantro
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced chives
1 tablespoon creole mustard
1` teaspoon crystal hot sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon creole seasoning
½ cup low-fat Duke mayo
1 french loaf
WHAT TO DO
1. bring 4 cups water to boil
2. place boil-in-a-bag in water for 30 seconds, then add shrimp
3. leave boil for 2-3 minutes
4. Immediately transfer shrimp to ice bath
1. mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl
2. cut french bread loaf lengthwise down the center of the loaf, not cutting all the way to the bottom
3. stuff sliced bread with mixture
4. slice loaf into 3 inch sections
5. garnish with cilantro
You could also go to flipmyfood.com
to browse through his other recipes. But, nothing really beats watching him work his magic in the kitchen!