Constipation is a very common digestive disorder that affects people of all ages. But you don’t need to turn to your medicine rack for a laxative each time you’re constipated.
- A liberal fluid intake in the form of water, fruit water, unsweetened/naturally sweetened lime juice, or buttermilk, is recommended.
- A high-fiber diet consisting of fruits and vegetables with edible skin and peels is advised.
- Lentils with skin, such as green gram mung dal, is great to get the bowels moving.
- Have unstrained vegetable soup. A diet high in fiber adds to the bulk of the stools and aids in defecation.
- Soft cooked foods like brown rice with steamed veggies, and other non-spicy and non-irritating foods can be had.
- Avoid very oily and fried foods.
Here are some wonderful fiber-rich recipes to ease your tummy troubles.
- Boiled Mung Dal With Carrot & Yogurt
- Yogic Diet: Mung Daal Pancakes
- Spinach & Fenugreek Soup
- Healthy Bulgur With Vegetables
Courtesy: The Yoga Institute
PS: Head to our Food section for healthy recipes and the latest food trends.
Also, find quick and easy Nutrition tips here.