This article was reposted from EcoVeganGal.com - Healthy Living For Your Body & The Planet - with permission from the author.
This green juice has been hitting the spot recently, so I've been making it almost every day. I love the refreshing, tart grapefruit combined with the spice of ginger and the bitterness of dandelion greens. The pear and cucumber balance out the juice with sweet, mellow flavors, and the spinach adds an extra nutritional punch.
Ingredients (use organic whenever possible):
- Grapefruit - 1
- Pear - 1
- Cucumber - 1
- Dandelion Greens - 1 small handful (about 1/5 of a store-bought bunch)
- Spinach - 1 small handful
- Ginger - 1 inch piece (or to taste)
- Wash each ingredient well with water (and optional produce wash).
- Cut ingredients into pieces that will fit through your juicer.
- Juice each ingredient one at a time.
- Stir to combine flavors and then pour into a glass.
- If any of the tart or bitter ingredients are too strong, add in more cucumber and/or pear.