Move over, green smoothies and oatmeal. There’s a new breakfast trend in town, and it’s not just healthy—it looks and tastes good, too. The acai berry bowl, as the name suggests, is a bowl full of acai berries, mixed with a couple of other ingredients that sum up to a bundle of health and nutrition.
These berries have long been recognized as a superfood, and now they’ve finally been incorporated into the most important meal of the day—breakfast. Native to Brazil, they can be found in a dried form, as well as powdered or frozen pureed forms in the United States. However, they are still loaded with ample antioxidants and nutrients that fortify immunity and aid weight loss.
Naturally sweet, filling, and energizing, an acai berry bowl makes for the perfect start to the day. You can find it at local food stalls in your neighborhood, but it’s easy enough to make your own:
- 6-7 ounces frozen acai
- 1 1/2 cup frozen berries of your choice
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp granola
- A pinch of powdered cinnamon
- Transfer the first four ingredients in a blender or a food processor.
- Blend until it reaches the consistency of a thick smoothie.
- Use some fresh fruit juice to thin it out, if required.
- Pour the drink in a bowl, and top with the granola.
- Sprinkle some powered cinnamon on top, for a zesty kick.
Why Oatmeal Is A Good Breakfast For Weight Loss
31 Healthy Breakfast Ideas