The heat can be exhausting and wreak havoc on your appetite. But a girl’s gotta eat (well guys too, but you know what we mean) and if you want something light and refreshing but still tasty enough to cheer you up, we’ve got a great recipe. This paleo dish has got bite and not just texture-wise thanks to the crunchy carrots but also from the jalapenos that can pack a nice hot punch. The cilantro and fresh lime juice give the meal a zest that will make it impossible to stop eating! This recipe, is courtesy of the self-confessed healthy-eating diva
and she knows exactly what she's doing.
If you have a spiralizer
, great! But if not just use your regular vegetable peeler to whip this dish up. It doesn't matter whether you use skinny, sexy strands or lovely, flat ribbons, any selection will enhance this dish. Make it for lunch, a snack or even a salad
. Just make it!
Carrot Noodles With Lime & Chili Recipe
- 2 carrots, peeled and spiralized
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 jalapeno chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Combine the coconut oil, lime juice and jalapeno together to make a dressing.
- Place the carrots in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the carrots and add the cilantro. Blend well to ensure all pieces are covered with the dressing.
- Season to taste.
- Eat and enjoy!
: 15 minutes