Mornings are a great time to kickstart your metabolism, and load up on nutrition to get energized for the day ahead. But it can also mean frenzied rushing around, short tempers, and frantic glances at the clock. If you constantly fight the temptation of sacrificing a good breakfast to save a few precious minutes, this is THE dish for you. Just prep, pop into the oven and continue with all the shoelace tying and lunchbox-packing you need to cover, before grabbing this delish Paleo treat for brekkie. Let Diana Keuilian of PaleoHacks
tell you just how it’s done:
Baked Avocado & Egg Recipe
- 1 organic avocado, halved with pit removed
- 1 egg
- Your favorite seasoning: I use Fajita Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Flip each avocado side over and slice off enough of the rounded skin so that it can sit flat when the fleshy side is up.
- Place the avocados, fleshy side up, in a baking pan. Crack some salt into each hole.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl; divide it between the avocado holes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and the seasoning of your choice.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until the egg has fully set. Eat with a spoon and enjoy!