Going Paleo doesn’t have to mean a life of deprivation and teeth-gritting stoicism as you watch your non-Paleo friends gorge on flour-filled and sugar-topped treats. Choosing to eat healthy simply means you need to make small adjustments and adapt recipes to suit your diet and body’s needs. Which is where these delicious and simple to make double dark chocolate muffins
come into the picture.
This crazy easy recipe uses almond flour and tapioca starch instead of regular processed wheat flour, cacao powder and nibs instead of cooking chocolate, almond and coconut milk for moisture, and raw honey, applesauce, and stevia for sweetening and thickening.
Stop dreaming about it and salivating all over yourself, get into the kitchen and start baking already!
DOUBLE DARK CHOCOLATE MUFFINS RECIPE
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour or starch
- ½ cup honey, raw
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ tspn vanilla
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup coconut milk, full fat, chilled
- 2 tbsp almond milk, unsweetened
- ¼ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 tbsps cacao nibs, raw
- 4 drops stevia, liquid
- 12 paper muffin liners
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Using a whisk, mix thoroughly together until combined.
- Place muffin liners in a muffin pan and spoon the mix into each cup, dividing evenly. Bake for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. They will still feel a little soft in the center when they’re done. Don’t overcook them, or they will get dry.
- Top with strawberries and serve warm! Or place in a bowl and top with coconut whipped cream, coconut ice cream, almond butter, bananas, or eat them drenched in almond or coconut milk.