Warm weather can be fabulous and while it’s a great time to get outdoors and be active, staying adequately hydrated can be a challenge. Water is the best solution here, pun totally intended! But sometimes it gets a bit boring, which is why we decided to spice things up a notch.
We took the help of a New York Times
bestselling cookbook author who gave up grains over a decade ago and is a pioneer in grain-free cooking and baking. She’s none other than Elana Amsterdam
, and we’re sharing her delicious Paleo-diet friendly recipe for Iced Ginger Chai.
Yes, there are many ways that you could adapt this recipe, using more spices, less spices, different spices, ground spices; just go ahead and feel free to experiment with it. Either way, it’s going to be refreshing, energizing and a good option for when you need that zingy feeling.
Iced Ginger Chai Recipe
- 2 quarts water
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh ginger (I leave the skin on)
- 10 pods cardamom
- 5 whole cloves
- 10 whole peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon fennel seed
- ¼ cup organic loose rooibos tea
- Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes
- Cool for 3 hours
- Strain mixture into a 1 quart mason jar
- Fill each glass with ice, 1 cup chai mixture, and ¼ cup Almond Milk
- Add stevia or honey if desired