(Skip steps 1-3 for plant-based diet)
1. Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Working in batches, add the tortilla wedges and fry for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden. 3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tortilla chips to a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with salt.
4. Arrange the warm tortilla chips over a large platter.
5. Spoon the warm melted vegan cheese over the chips. Spoon the beans over the cheese. Spoon the pico de gallo over the beans. Spoon the guacamole atop the nachos. Drizzle the sour cream over the nachos.
6. Sprinkle with the green onion and serve immediately.
Alterations For Vegan & Plant-Based Diets:
Additionally, if you happen to stick to a plant-based diet, no-oil corn tortillas are a great substitute and will taste just as good (and yes, vegan cheese is plant-based diet friendly!). To learn more about great plant-based diet recipes, watch Z Living's newest original series The Big Fat Truth, where host JD Roth helps people who struggle with weight by getting to the root of the problem. Learn more about The Big Fat Truth here.
Try These Other Recipes & Tips From The Big Fat Truth: