Yogic Diet: Bell Peppers & Cottage Cheese Curry
Vegetable curry, also called sabzi, is a big part of the yogic diet. Referring to this recipe as the base, you can choose to experiment with a variety of seasonal vegetables and enjoy your delicious sabzi with Indian bread such as chapati/roti, or naan.
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 1 small bunch fenugreek leaves
- 100g fresh cottage cheese (paneer)
- 1½tsp oil
- ¼tsp turmeric powder
- ¼tsp coriander powder
- ¼tsp roasted cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Deseed and cut peppers into small pieces.
- Clean, wash and chop fenugreek leaves.
- Crumble the cottage cheese.
- Heat oil. Add roasted cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add turmeric and coriander powder. Stir.
- Add vegetables, cottage cheese and salt to taste. Cook for a few minutes and cover with a lid. Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot, with roti or naan.
Recipe Courtesy: The Yoga Institute
Image Courtesy: Shutterstock