Yogic Diet: Coconut Rice
A popular dish in South India, coconut rice is usually enjoyed with cooling yogurt and pickled mango. The hero of the dish is fresh coconut, which is known to support your heart health and combat disease-causing bacteria. No wonder it’s such a favorite with the yogis.
- 1 cup rice
- ½ cup grated fresh coconut
- ¼tsp mustard seeds
- a pinch of asafoetida
- Few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 cup water
- Cook the rice and keep aside.
- Take a separate pan and heat the oil, add asafoetida and mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Next, add curry leaves and coconut. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add this oil mix to the rice, incorporating it well.
- Serve hot.
Recipe Courtesy: The Yoga Institute
Image Courtesy: Shutterstock