Dessert doesn’t get more delicious or simple than this sugar-free strawberry pie recipe. Made with fresh strawberries and a flaky pie crust, this is one sugar-free dessert you’ll want to keep in your recipe arsenal for years to come.
To make this recipe sugar-free, we use sugar-free strawberry gelatin. The gelatin gives this strawberry pie it’s gooey, irresistible filling. The filling will also hold nicely and give you neatly cut wedges, which is great for presentation.
This sugar-free strawberry pie recipe doesn’t require any pastry skills, as you can just pick up a box of store-bought pie crust sheets. The pie sheets are blind baked, which just means they’re baked separately from the filling. The strawberry filling in this recipe actually doesn’t get baked at all.
Instead, fresh strawberries are poured into the prepared pie shell, then covered with the strawberry gelatin mixture. The pie is then set in the fridge to chill and firm up. When it’s ready to serve, you’ll be able to add a dollop of sugar-free whipped cream and enjoy a heavenly dessert without loads of sugar.
Better yet, we suggest making this sugar-free strawberry pie recipe for Mother’s Day as a sweet treat for Mom. Nothing says I love you like a scrumptious, homemade dessert!
Sugar-Free Strawberry Pie Recipe
serves 10 to 12
- 1 pie crust sheet
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 small (.3 oz) and 1 large (.6 oz) package of sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- Sugar-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Unroll the sheet of pie dough and line a 9″ pie dish with the dough. Prick all over the bottom and sides of the dough with a fork.
- Place the pie dish in the oven to bake. Bake the pie crust for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the pie crust from the oven and let the crust cool completely.
- Once the pie shell is cool, place the strawberries in the bottom of the pie shell. Temporarily set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the water and cornstarch together, whisking them until blended well. Turn on the heat to high heat and bring the mixture to a boil, whisking constantly. Once it’s come to a boil, lower the heat so that the mixture is just simmering, continuing to whisk as the mixture thickens.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the gelatin until it’s completely dissolved. Pour the mixture over the strawberries in the pie shell.
- Refrigerate the pie overnight, or for at least 4 hours (until set).
- Before serving, garnish the pie with the sugar-free frozen whipped topping.
Recipe adapted from MomLovesBaking.com