gen excellent source of antioxidants, and a vegetarian source of omega 3 fatty acids, flaxseed is the perfect addition to a heart-healthy diet. It is known to be helpful in fighting arthritis and cancer, while also delaying the effects of aging. With its light and nutty flavor, its also quite delicious in a couple of recipes. Health experts recommend consuming 40-50 grams of flaxseed everyday, for healthy living.
If it’s not something you’d casually snack on, read our tips to include more flaxseed in your diet:
- Blend it into a juice or smoothie. Take this Leafy Greens & Flaxseed Smoothie, for instance.
- Sprinkle it as a crunchy garnish on your morning oatmeal or cereal.
- Make a pizza out of it; yes, it’s possible.
- Add a tablespoon of flaxseed in your sandwich spread and sauces.
- Add a tablespoon in your yogurt, for that distinct, nutty flavor.
- Sprinkle it on your meatloaf, for better texture.
- Add two tablespoons in your salad or soup.
- Drizzle flaxseed oil on cold dishes like salads, smoothies and fish.
- You can also make a snack out of it, such as Kale Chips with Flaxseed, or Flaxseed Crackers.