Together with the yolk and the white, an egg makes for the perfect combination of vitamins, healthy fats, minerals and proteins. Despite its reputation of affecting cholesterol and heart health, the truth remains that eggs are a super nutritious food, when consumed in moderation.
In fact, a study published in the British Medical Journal stated that eating one egg per day is not associated with the risk of coronary heart disease, and can in fact, benefit your health. Although egg yolk is linked with high cholesterol, some health experts claim that its sulfur content can help with feminine issues like endometriosis. Here are some more reasons why you must add eggs to your daily diet:
1. Low-Calorie Protein: Proteins are an essential part of a healthy diet, and meat, poultry and egg are some of the richest sources of it. Compared to the other two, eggs turn out to be a low-calorie option to obtain your proteins. If you eat one medium-sized egg for breakfast, you consume only 70-80 calories, and obtain 6.5 grams of protein.
2. Keeps You Satiated For Longer: The protein in eggs sustains your energy levels, thus keeping you satiated for longer. In fact, having eggs with toast for breakfast is said to have a 50 percent higher satiety index than your usual breakfast cereal.
3. Promotes Weight Loss: It’s often misconstrued that eggs are fattening and unhealthy, a no-go food for weight watchers. However, according to a study by Rochester Center for Obesity Research, eating eggs for breakfast could help limit ones calorie intake all day by 400 calories. This could help unnecessary snacking, thus helping you with weight loss.
4. Builds Muscle: If you’re a fitness buff or an athlete, then eggs should be your best friends. Because they’re full of high quality protein, they are an excellent way of building cells, naturally. Eggs contain amino acids that are essential for recovering from muscle pain and stress, while you’ve been working out. If you are worried about the fat content, you should know that it is just the right amount you need in order to bulk up.
5. Great For The Eyes: As you age, your eyesight gets weaker. A natural way to keep it healthy is by eating eggs regularly, as they contain lutein and zeaxanthin, two powerful antioxidants that support eye health.
So go ahead, enjoy your daily dose of eggs with these recipes: