Native to South America, yerba mate is a tea brewed from the leaves and the stems of a plant by the same name. Traditionally called the “drink of the gods”, it’s gaining immense popularity. It’s said to have the strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the euphoria of chocolate. Here’s why it makes for a better alternative:
- Drinking yerba mate provides a high level of energy, except that it doesn’t cause the jittery side effects, nor as much of a crash, as drinking coffee does.
- If you’re worried about caffeine, you should know that yerba mate has less than 80 milligrams of it, in comparison to coffee that has 100-200 milligrams in a cup.
- It makes you alert, but does not cause that subtle anxiety that comes with coffee. You feel much more relaxed, and at ease with this drink.
- It suppresses your appetite, and boosts your metabolism at the same time. This makes it a vital food in any weight loss regime.
- However, it’s not just an energy booster or a weight loss essential; yerba mate tea provides your body with 24 vitamins and minerals, and 15 amino acids, excellent for overall health.
Lose Weight This Holiday Season By Sipping On These 7 Healthy Teas
Quick Fix For Flu: Mixed Spices Tea
35 Tea Recipes For Natural Healing