It may not be the most appealing veggie on your plate, but it might just be the right one if you’re on a weight loss diet. Broccoli is high in dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins, and low on fat and calories. Eating this healthy veggie will fulfill your daily nutrient needs and help you shed a few pounds in the bargain. Here’s why:
- One serving of broccoli contains ample amounts of vitamins C, K, A, B2 and B6, phosphorus, magnesium, proteins and omega-3 fatty acids, and barely measures up to 40 calories.
- Broccoli is high in fiber, that keeps you well-satiated and controls your hunger pangs too. This way, you end up eating less, and burning more fat while digesting it.
- It makes for an excellent low-calorie snack, since it has a good amount of water content. That means it adds more volume to your meal without adding empty calories.
- Unlike most other veggies, you can steam, stir-fry or even eat them raw and they will be just as healthy.
- Broccoli is just the food for a slim waist, but in addition to that it also helps fight colon cancer, heart disease and reduces blood pressure as well.
What We Ate In 2014: Our Roundup Of The Most Popular (Healthy) Food Trends