It’s no revelation that water is good for health, but it’s also true that simply guzzling down loads of water all day can be quite boring. To make it a little more interesting, add these fruits and vegetables to infuse it with flavor, and pack in a few extra health benefits. You could add them individually, or mix and match to suit your taste buds.
1. Lemon: One of the most popular blends of infused water, lemon makes for the perfect addition as it is packed with vitamin C and is refreshing too. Add a few wedges to your bottle of water, and sip on it all day.
2. Cucumber: When it comes to vegetables, cucumber is the most preferred option as a water infuser. It has a subtle flavor, but a rejuvenating essence. Make sure you slice it finely, and then add it to your bottle of water.
3. Strawberry: These sweet berries are an instant favorite when it comes to desserts and smoothies. They’re equally delectable when you chop them up and add them to plain water. They make a mild, sweet drink with nothing but natural goodness.
4. Watermelon: This fruit is made up of 92 percent water, and is loaded with vitamin A and C. It blends perfectly well when you add it to a bottle of water. Easily available in this season, watermelon is super-hydrating, and refreshing at the same time.
5. Mint: This herb makes for an amazing water infuser. It is quite common to find mint-flavored water at restaurants. You too can make your own, by simply adding some fresh mint leaves to a jar of water. You could combine it with any of the fruits mentioned above, for an interesting blend of flavors.
Head to our Food section for healthy recipes and the latest food trends.
Quick and easy Nutrition tips here.
Watermelon: More Than Just A Cool Fruit
Why Coconut Water Should Be On Your Meal Plan