Meat and dairy are known to be the main sources of protein. But with the growing popularity of vegetarian and vegan diets, people are constantly striving to find non-meat and non-dairy sources of protein that will benefit their diets. Which now brings us to the question, why are proteins so important? Let’s take a look:
- Proteins contain multiple chains of amino acids that are considered to be the building blocks of your body.
- Proteins are an essential part of your immune system. They strengthen your body’s defense system, which in turn protects you from infections and diseases.
- They’re present in your muscle tissue in the form of numerous microfilaments, which provide muscle structure. The growth of these muscles therefore depends on the amount of protein received by your body. Now you know why fitness enthusiasts fill up on protein shakes.
- Consuming a high-protein diet fuels your cells, tissues and organs with energy that can keep you up and running for longer periods.
- Proteins also contribute to better skin and hair, and overall health.
Volcanic Ash: Detox Your Skin Naturally
Green Tea & Lemon Bath Soak To De-Stress