Right from dietary uses to skincare and natural cleansing, apple cider vinegar (ACV) has multiple uses. While there may not be a risk involved in using it externally, you might want to consider these pros and cons before consuming it orally.
- Drinking diluted apple cider vinegar with water and honey in the morning, or even up to three times a day, helps keep you fuller. Several studies have linked it to weight loss benefits.
- Consuming it daily helps keep your blood glucose levels in check.
- Vinegar is known to lower cholesterol and can support your heart’s health.
- It can also amp up your immune system.
- Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic and can damage the tooth enamel if it isn’t diluted.
- If you’re diabetic, check with a doctor before having ACV, as it contains chromium that can affect your insulin levels.
- It could also react with medicines, laxatives and diuretics.