Wake up and smell the sizzling dish that Chef Jeff
of Flip My Food
whips up for breakfast. Here, he flips a traditional bacon, egg & sweet potato dish into a healthier version by using more collard greens and less potatoes.
Try it yourself!
Find out where to watch the show
Chef Jeff's Healthier Bacon, Egg & Sweet Potato Hash
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup thick cut pecan wood smoked bacon, small siced
- ½ cup small diced sweet potato
- ½ bunch collard greens, cut into strips, stems reserved
- ½ bunch collard green’s stems, cut into rough small dice
- 1 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cajun spice
Also on Z Living: A Guilt-Free Pecan Pie Recipe From Chef Jeff
WATCH on Z Living: Flip My Food,
- In large heated skillet, bring olive oil and 2 tablespoons to high heat.
- Add the bacon, sweet potato, garlic, salt, pepper, cajun spice, and collard stems.
- Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Once bacon is almost rendered, add chopped collard and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- After collards tender, form three 2 inches in diameter circular “pockets” in pan with spoon.
- Crack eggs directly in pockets and cook until over-easy.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan and pepper flakes on top.
- Serve directly in skillet.
each week charismatic celebrity chef Jeff Henderson takes on a different city and a different food challenge to transform beloved recipes into healthy new dishes. See a sneak peek here.
Photo: Flip My Food
What's your favorite breakfast dish? Let us know in the comments!