My savoring Ayurvedic winter flavors feature ginger, sweet potato, kale, cumin, spinach, and turmeric. I hope you enjoy this simple, nutritious one-pot recipe, as you prepare to watch the big game.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons to a bowl. Add cumin to skillet and cook stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add shallots and garlic; cook, stirring, until softened, 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- Stir in turmeric, spinach, ricotta, eggs, goat cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Lay 1 sheet phyllo on a work surface, and lightly brush with reserved melted butter.
- Lay over goat cheese and spinach mixture, folding edges under to fit inside skillet. (Keep extra phyllo covered while you work.)
- One at a time, brush remaining 4 sheets and add to skillet, rotating and scrunching each sheet slightly so edges and top is ruffled.
- Transfer skillet to oven, and bake until golden brown and heated through, about 25-30 minutes.