Are you ready to make for the richest brownies ever, that just so happen to be made without butter or sugar, and are gluten-free to boot? We're declaring that to mean that this dessert is practically healthy.
These brownies have the chocolate-y flavor you crave, alongside proteins and good fats through healthy substitutes. They're perfect for a potluck or as a surprisingly-healthy home dessert.
Watch the video below to see how these brownies are made, or follow the instructions below!
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In a small cup, combine the chia seeds and water. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the coconut oil with the dark chocolate bars over low to medium heat. As the chocolate melts, turn down the flame. Take care not to burn the chocolate.
- Add the chia seeds, chocolate-coconut mixture, and all remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl and blend until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into a brownie pan.
- Reduce your oven temperature to 350 F, and bake for approximately 35 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow to cool and enjoy.
Lauren Arps is a fitness trainer living in Los Angeles. Check out more of her tips on food, health, and happiness on her blog Lima Bean Lifestyle.
WATCH on Z Living: Healthy Gourmet,
where nutritionist Julie Daniluk
and chef Ezra Title
join forces and battle between taste and nutrition, helping home cooks create nutritious and tasty meals that can feed a crowd. See a sneak preview here
Tell us in the comments
: What's your favorite brownie recipe?