It's casserole season! Try this tummy-warming dishr by chef Jeff Henderson of Flip My Food,—it's an excellent way to use leftover veggies, beef, bacon and more. Just combine them into this healthy, hearty meal.
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place pie crust into a deep-dish square casserole dish. Set aside.
3. Add olive oil into a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Sauté mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, asparagus and okra, cooking until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Whisk together eggs and heavy cream until light and fluffy. Add salt, creole seasoning and pepper. Stir in bacon, mushroom, onions, bell peppers, pulled pork and cheese. Pour ingredients into casserole dish and bake for 35-45 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
5. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with scallions and tomatoes. Serve warm.
Also on Z Living:
WATCH on Z Living: Flip My Food, where each week charismatic celebrity chef Jeff Henderson takes on a different city and a different food challenge to transform beloved recipes into healthy new dishes. See a sneak peek here.