Check out chef Jeff Henderson of Flip My Food's delicious "grandma-style" recipe for sweet potato casserole — perfect for a warm, filling fall root veggie-based meal or as a side dish on your Thanksgiving table. Watch the video below for a peek at how Chef Jeff makes it!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix all purpose flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 4 tablespoons of the olive oil-butter blend.
- Add in the oatmeal, pecans, apples, and 3 pinches of cinnamon. Mix well.
- Pour the mix evenly over a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes in an oven at 350 degrees.
- Boil water in a pot over high heat and add the sweet potatoes and cinnamon stick. Boil for 30 minutes.
- Drain and add the sweet potatoes to the bowl. Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Add the remaining brown sugar, olive oil-butter blend, salt, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, and mix together to a creamy consistency.
- Add the sweet potato mixture to a medium cast iron skillet and top with the pecan apple oatmeal streusel to serve.
Also on Z Living:
WATCH on Z Living: Flip My Food,
Tell us in the comments: What is your favorite breakfast dish?
hosted by charismatic celebrity chef, Jeff Henderson. Each week this talented chef takes on a different city and a different food challenge to transform beloved recipes into healthy new dishes. See a sneak preview here.