Check out chef Jeff Henderson of Flip My Food's twist on roasted pumpkin soup, a classic fall recipe (and good potential use of the interior of your Halloween pumpkin or the canned pumpkin lining the store shelves this time of year!), or as a side dish on your Thanksgiving table. Watch the video below for a peek at how Chef Jeff makes it!
1. Begin with hot chicken stock that is boiling; add the cinnamon and star anise herb to it.
2. While the stock boils, place the contents of the pumpkin into a blender.
3. Add the liquid ingredients to the blender: The boiling chicken stock, milk, and olive oil, then the fresh cracked pepper, salt, and cinnamon. Blend.
4. Pour in a bowl and set aside.
5. Chop roasted chestnuts. Add maple syrup to Greek yogurt. Mix the three ingredients in a bowl.
7. Add the Greek yogurt into the soup and enjoy!
Also on Z Living:
WATCH on Z Living: Flip My Food
, where each week charismatic celebrity chef Jeff Henderson takes on a different city and a different food challenge to transform beloved recipes into healthy new dishes. See a sneak peek here.