Check out chef Jeff Henderson of Flip My Food's
twist on biscuits using, of all things, vegetables
. Sweet potato puree forms the base of these tasty biscuits, perfect as a healthier addition to your dinner table anytime, or as a side dish on your Thanksgiving spread. Watch the video below for a peek at how Chef Jeff makes them!
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add honey, sweet potato puree and brown sugar to the flour and mix.
- Slowly add in the cold butter and buttermilk.
- Mix in scallions and form dough into a ball.
- Cut out 6 pieces using a ring mold and place them in a buttered cast iron skillet.
- Bake in the oven at 375-degrees for about 20 minutes. Serve 'em hot!
Also on Z Living:
WATCH on Z Living: Flip My Food,
where each week charismatic celebrity chef Jeff Henderson takes on a different city and a different food challenge to transform beloved recipes into healthy new dishes. See a sneak peek here.