Ever tried mangosteens, rambutans, or dragon fruits as part of your whole-food, plant-based diet? That's okay, neither have we. Nutritionist Julie Daniluk of Z Living's Healthy Gourmet (on Mondays, 8PM EST), has however, and she highly recommends getting these exotic fruits together for a little flavor party.
The result? A flavorful, nutrition-packed fruit salad that's anything but boring. Of course the added bonus of all of this is that the fruits and nuts of this salad are packed with antioxidants, and have anti-inflammatory properties as well, which is perfect for any plant-based or vegan diet.
Daniluk and her co-host, chef Ezra Title, travel to tons of interesting and exciting places for the show, but you won't need to go any further than your local Asian market to find these fruits for your plant-based diet.
Also on Z Living: This Is The Easiest, Tastiest Plant-Based Stir Fry Recipe Ever
Asian Fruit Salad From Healthy Gourmet
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 dates
- 3 mint sprigs
- 1 inch piece ginger, minced
- 8 mangosteens, peeled and cubed
- 1 dragon fruit, peeled and cubed
- 2 mango, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 Asian pear, cubed
- 3 rambutan, pits removed and cubed
- 1 medium gold pineapple, peeled and quartered into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1 cup whole cashews, raw and unsalted
Also on Z Living: A Fresh Blueberry-Salad Recipe From Chef Jeff
- 2 limes, segmented
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
1. Place lime juice, dates, mint sprigs, and ginger in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine all the fruit in a large bowl.
- Toss the fruit with the ginger-date sauce.
- Sprinkle with the chopped mint and garnish with lime segments.
- Serve immediately.